Year in, year out; the 50 Books Challenge goes on – for the 4th year in a row I read more than 50 books from cover to cover – not counting short books with less than 180 pages and comics or graphic novels are also not included.
In 2015 I finished at least 53 books; varying from non-fictous topics (for example, every-day-chemistry, cooking/cuisine science, drug reports …) to massively huge novels (Don Winslows novels about drug cartels, Steven Kings “Under the Dome”, Dan Browns “Inferno”) up to sci-fi stories.
I’d like to point out the following books:
- Inferno – Dan Brown (#7)
- Ein Mann namens Ove – Frederik Backman (#36)
- “Days of the Dead” and “The Cartel” – both by Don Winslow
- Fiesta: The Sun also Rises – Ernest Hemingway (#31)
- Gulliver’s Travel – Jonathan Swift (#32)
- Der illustrierte Mann – Ray Bradbury (#42)
- Anleitung zur Schwerelosigkeit (Astronaut’s Guide to life on Earth) – Chris Hadfield (#24)
- Crystal Meth – Wie eine Droge unser Land überschwemmt – Dr. Roland Härtel-Petri (#19)
- Rätsel der Kochkunst – Hervé This-Benckhard (#44)
Asterix und die Trabantenstadt (#12a)